These brownies are gluten free, dairy free and sooooo delicious! This is the second time this week that I have made them.
To quote my brother “Wow – delish. Tasted like choc pudding.” :)
This recipe is courtesy of Erin Lives Whole. A quick and easy recipe – it’s a keeper.
1 can (420g) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup nut butter
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup cocoa
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup chocolate chips (plus extra for sprinkling on top)
1) Preheat oven to 177ºC (350ºF).
2) In a food processor, blend chickpeas, nut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla.
3) Once blended, add in almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Continue to process, scraping down sides as necessary until smooth.
4) Once creamy and smooth, take off lid (and blade) and stir in chocolate chips. Do not process the chips.
5) Pour into greased 8×8 pan and sprinkle with extra chocolate chips if desired.
6) Bake for 21-23 minutes.
Note: for extra thick brownies, bake in a loaf tin. Bake for 30 – 35 minutes.
You can serve the brownies warm or cold. Personally I prefer them the next day after they have been stored in the fridge overnight. The photo below was taken after they were chilled overnight.
Still soft and gooey inside. Drool.
“They say laughter is the best medicine. They lie. It’s brownies.”