This is one of the easiest recipes for a cake! And it tastes sooooo good.
I made this cake for Saturday’s family lunch – the family loved it!
Recipe courtesy of Bakerita.
4 tablespoons melted coconut oil
½ cup coconut sugar
2 sliced bananas
1½ cups mashed banana
⅓ cup almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
⅓ cup coconut flour
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¾ teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1) Preheat the oven to 177ºC (350ºF). Grease a 9” springform pan and place on a rimmed baking sheet lined with baking paper or alfoil.
2) Combine the melted coconut oil and coconut sugar. Spread in the bottom of the prepared pan.
3) Arrange the banana slices over the coconut sugar. Set aside while you prepare the batter.
4) In a large bowl or mixer, combine the mashed bananas, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract and nut butter until fully combined.
5) Add the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt to the wet ingredients and mix well.
6) Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes or until the cake is lightly golden brown. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean.
FYI, the photo below is the reason why you need the baking sheet to be covered with baking paper (or alfoil). As the cake is baking, the coconut oil and sugar will ooze (leak) from the bottom of the springform tin.
8) Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for about 20 minutes, and then carefully flip out onto a plate.
The aroma that filled my kitchen was just heavenly. The caramelized bananas is the best bit – just saying :) The cake is super moist.
“When a banana gets rotten people love to tell you that you can make banana bread out of it. I have never seen anyone actually do it.” ~ Greg Fitzsimmons