grated rind of 1 lemon
2/3 cup caster sugar
1/4 cup cornflour
3/4 cup self-raising flour
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/3 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup self-raising flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon icing sugar
1) cream butter, sugar and lemon rind.
2) beat in eggs.
3) fold in sifted flours.
4) spread mixture into a greased round tin.
5) bake at 180c for 30-40 minutes
1) beat eggs.
2) place butter, sugar and lemon juice in double saucepan, over low heat.
3) add eggs quickly to prevent cooking.
4) continue stirring until mixture thickens.
5) allow to cool.
1) rub ingredients together to resemble breadcrumbs.
2) place mixture on a biscuit tray, lined with baking paper.
3) bake at 180c for 10-12 minutes.
4) place cake on a plate, underside up.
5) spread lemon curd over cake.
6) top with crumble mix and dust with sifted icing sugar.
it’s simply a cake base, lemon curd in the centre, topped with a crumble.
preparation time – more than 30 minutes. serves 8-10.
[can be made gluten-free – which is what i did.]
“when life gives you lemons, find a kid with a paper cut.”