lattice biscuit slices are the ideal sweets to make when you’re strapped for time. this is such a quick and easy recipe. and fuss-free.
2 packets arnotts lattice biscuits
1 cup caster sugar
400g cream cheese – room temperature
100g butter – room temperature
3 tablespoons lemon Juice
2 lemons, zested
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
3 tablespoons gelatine
1/3 cup water
1) dissolve gelatine in lukewarm water. allow to stand.
2) beat together sugar and cream cheese. add softened butter until combined.
3) mix through lemon juice, rind and vanilla essence. once combined add gelatine mixture, and beat well.
4) in a baking dish or cake tin, place 1 packet of biscuits to cover the bottom layer completely. use only whole biscuits.
5) pour the filling over the biscuit layer. then using the other packet of biscuits place them directly over the top of the biscuits from the bottom layer (this will enable easy cutting).
6) cover and refrigerate until set. cut into squares, as per the biscuit layout.
preparation time – 20 minutes; additional time – 1 hour (chilling); makes 20
note: before i poured on the cream cheese filling i spread home-made lemon curd over the biscuits. if you don’t have any lemon curd, you can use jam. i wonder if it’ll work with nutella?
“once in a young lifetime one should be allowed to have as much sweetness as one can possibly want and hold.” ~ judith olney