rocky road …
warning – massive sugar overload ahead!
i found this recipe in a 2011 coles magazine. the recipe was provided by coles team member sophie ward (senior analyst – merchandise finance).
275g fry’s turkish delight bars, chopped
240g snickers, chopped
1 1/2 cup kellog’s rice bubbles
1 cup whole hazelnuts (or your favourite nut). i used mixed raw nuts.
1 tube m&m minis
150g marshmallows, chopped
500g cadbury dairy milk chocolate
1) line a 26cm x 16cm slice tray with baking paper.
2) place turkish delights, snickers, rice bubbles, nuts, m&m’s and marshmallows in a medium bowl.
3) melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring until smooth. (i used the double saucepan method.)
4) add to snickers mix and combine thoroughly until chocolate coats all other ingredients.
5) spoon mixture into prepared tray and refrigerate for 30 mins, then remove and cut into squares to serve. keep leftover rocky road in the fridge in an airtight container.
makes approx 25; preparation – 20 mins; cooking time – 2 mins
note – sophie says “one of the best things about this recipe is that you can really add anything you like to it – whatever your personal taste.”
“though the road’s been rocky it sure feels good to me.” ~ bob marley
This entry was posted in food
and tagged rocky road
. Bookmark the permalink