today is february 5 2013 – the 7th annual world nutella day.
to commemorate this special day, i decided to use a recipe from their website. yes, they have their own site >> nutella day
being pressed for time (i started at 7pm tonight) i decided on the gluten free nutella bites.
1/2 cup nutella
1 large egg
3 tablespoons gluten free flour (i used self raising flour)
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
dash of vanilla or your favourite liqueur
1) heat oven to 350 f (177c)
2) spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray or use mini liners.
3) in a bowl, mix the nutella with the egg and blend in the flour, cocoa and vanilla or liqueur. i used vanilla.
4) spoon into the tin until about 3/4 full.
5) bake for about 11-12 minutes and cool. (they won’t come out of the tin if they’re too hot.)
note: spray the measuring cup with cooking spray and the nutella won’t stick. double the recipe easily by using a 24 muffin tin. add nuts if you wish. hazelnuts are great.
done and dusted in no time. quick and easy.
and they are yummy and moist.
happy nutella day!
“diamonds may be a girl’s best friend, but nutella and shoes seem to run a close second.” ~ david alejandro fearnhead