thanks muchly to hide your wheat, hide your rye for the liebster award nomination – a nice surprise :)
the liebster award aims to help promote and give a little love to other blogs. it’s a way for new bloggers to discover other new blogs and get to know everyone else out there.
the rules for the award are >>
– you must link back the person who nominated you.
– you must answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominee before you.
– you must nominate 10 of your favourite blogs with less than 200 followers and notify them of their nomination.
– you must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
1. what is your favourite food?
my nonna’s gnocchi.
2. what is your favourite place to eat out?
a hard question to pick just one but a few places that have impressed me lately are assaggio ristorante, beyond india, sosta argentinian kitchen and the european cafe.
3. if you could meet anybody in the world right now, who would it be?
i’d have to travel back in time because i’d would like to meet pablo picasso. i studied him in art class in high school. he’s also the author of one of my favourite quotes – “every child is an artist. the problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up.”
4. what are you passionate about?
my family, paper crafts, cooking and going to the footy.
5. what is the last song you listened to?
this song has been in my head all weekend! it’s mel b with ‘for once in my life’.
6. what is your favourite band/singer?
7. why do you blog?
blogging is one of the outlets that allows me to keep doing the things i’m interested in. and in doing so i get to share those experiences with others. hopefully, too, i get to inspire others.
8. what is your favourite blog?
whenever i open feedly i often find myself looking for ‘just me my solder and our 4 little chicks‘. i have been a long time reader of stephanie’s blog.
9. what’s your favourite joke?
“a man and his wife were sitting in the living room and he said to her, “just so you know, i never want to live in a vegetative state, dependent on some machine and fluids from a bottle. if that ever happens, just pull the plug.” his wife got up, unplugged the tv and threw out all of his beer.” :)
10. what’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
there aren’t many crazy things that i’ve done. if i have i must have repressed the memory about it ;)
my nominations (in no particular order) >>
2) welcome to my creative place
3) the gluten free scallywag
4) lucia’s crafts patterns and designs
5) inspired by boo
6) kayla renee
7) separate toasters
8) scrappin for me
9) jessie’s studio
my getting to know you questions >>
1) what word describes you best?
2) when you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
3) what’s your favourite book?
4) what did you have for lunch yesterday?
5) what was your favourite childhood tv program?
6) if you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
7) what is your greatest accomplishment?
8) who do you admire?
9) what are the most important lessons you’ve learned in life?
10) how would you like to be remembered?
“don’t focus on having a great blog. focus on producing a blog that’s great for your readers.” ~ brian clark