chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate! this is pure (and raw) indulgence at its best. a chocolate crust + chocolate filling + chocolate sauce = rich, creamy and beautiful.
the cream cake is free of gluten, grains, soy, peanuts, dairy and eggs. in other words, it’s healthy. hallelujah!
one word for this cake – decadent. wait, make that two words – luscious :)
this recipe is courtesy of purely twins.
it makes 12 mini cheesecakes or one 8 – 9 inch cheesecake.
chocolate crust –
1 cup pecan meal (can use any nut meal of liking) – i used almond meal
3-4 medjool dates (or 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup)
1/2 cup cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
pinch sea salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1) place all ingredients into a food processor (you can use a blender if you wish) and pulse until all ingredients are combined. you want the crust to slightly stick together.
2) grab your mini cheesecake pan (or 8 – 9 inch cake pan) and scoop your pecan chocolate crust into your pan. press down with fingers to firmly place the crust into pan. set aside as you make your filling.
note: i used an 8 inch springform pan and lined the base with baking paper.
chocolate filling –
2 cups cashews
1/2 cup coconut oil, liquid
1/2 cup maple syrup (or agave nectar) – i used honey
1/2 cup water
2 teaspoons vanilla
3/4 cup raw cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
1) soak cashews for about 10- 15 minutes (optional) then rinse well.
2) place cashews into blender with maple syrup, vanilla, and water. blend for a little bit to get it creamy.
3) add in your cacao powder and coconut oil. blend till creamy. you may have to scrape down the sides a few times. just keep blending till it is nice and smooth.
** you may add in a little bit more sweetness if desired **
4) once chocolate filling is blended begin scooping your filling into your mini cheesecake pans (or 8 – 9 inch pan). fill them to the top.
5) set the chocolate cream cakes into your freezer to set for a few hours before removing from pan. you may enjoy this chocolate dessert as is or you may add more chocolate and pecans.
optional topping: chocolate sauce –
1/3 cup coconut oil, liquid
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 tablespoons agave nectar – i used honey
6 tablespoons cocoa powder
place all ingredients into a bowl and stir till combined.
the coconut oil that i used wasn’t in a liquid form. after i combined all the ingredients the sauce was thick so i melted the chocolate until i got the gooey consistency that i wanted.
what an amazing recipe! the cake was super easy and quick to make. preparation time is about 10 minutes.
this chocolate cream cake is delicious and healthy. this cake is not sweet and the texture of the filling is like chocolate mousse. a smallish slice is all you need especially if you decide to have it with chocolate sauce. oh.my.goodness. don’t get me started on the sauce. it’s good enough to eat by the spoonfuls.
i finally got my brother to eat a slice of cheesecake (even if it was a raw version) and he liked it. my brother doesn’t like cheese. in fact he can’t bring himself to say the word ‘cheese’. he calls it c h (pronounced sea haitch). *rolls eyes and shakes head*
fyi, i hadn’t noticed until half this post was written that i inadvertently named this post ‘triple chocolate dream cake’ – a very apt freudian slip!
“may your life be filled, as mine has been, with love and laughter; and remember, when things are rough all you need is … chocolate.” ~ geraldine solon, chocolicious