This recipe is courtesy of The Rawtarian – my sister-in-law alerted me to this recipe. Thanks Maria! And perfect timing as we are still in the midst of a hot summer and this pie is ideal for this time of the year.
For the crust
1 cup cashews
1 cup dried, unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup dates
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
For the filling
2 medium bananas
3/4 cup cashews
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/3 cup coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1) Place all crust ingredients in the food processor. Process until the mixture sticks together and the dates are well processed.
2) Put the crust mixture into your pie dish. Press the crust down firmly with your hands.
3) Add all banana filling ingredients to your food processor. Blend until creamy and smooth.
4) Pour banana cream filling onto the crust. Smooth out with the back of a spoon.
5) Cover and put in freezer. Ideally the pie should be frozen overnight to firm up so that it can be sliced perfectly.
This raw banana cream pie recipe should always be kept in the freezer. It’ll get soggy if in the fridge.
This pie is so easy and quick to make. And it’s healthy. I could taste the tang of the lemon in the filling. The crust was crusty – ha! Next time I’ll use meyer lemons which are sweet. And I’ll use a spring-form cake tin.
Guilt-free, no bake and delicious! No sugar, dairy or other processed stuff.
“She sounds like what banana cream pie sounds like when it sings.” ~ Brittany, Glee