A quick and easy gluten free recipe from skinnytaste – chocolate chip filled meringue cookies. (Think of them as guilt-free chocolate chip cookies.)
These are easy to whip up and bake. Literally.
1/2 cup egg whites (room temperature)
1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder – I used cacao powder
1 cup chocolate chips
1) Heat oven to 300F (148C).
2) Cover cookie sheet with silpat or nonstick silicone pad. (Cover baking trays with non-stick baking paper.)
3) Using a mixer, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar together in large bowl at high speed until soft peaks form.
4) Gradually add sugar a little at a time, then vanilla, beating well after each addition until you get stiff peaks, the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is glossy.
5) Sift cocoa onto egg white mixture; gently fold until combined.
6) Fold in chocolate chips.
7) Drop mixture by heaping tablespoons onto cookie sheet. Makes 30
to 32 cookies.
8) Bake 34 to 40 minutes or just until dry.
9) Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet/baking tray. Cool completely on wire rack. Store covered, at room temperature.
These will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth and any chocolate cravings you may have.
That is all.
“If you can’t change the world with chocolate chip cookies, how can you change the world?” ~ Pat Murphy