An easy to cook and self crusting quiche. No need to make the pastry. The prep time is only 10 minutes!
This recipe is courtesy of taste. I used gluten free self raising flour, instead of normal flour, and I used shredded cheese instead of grated cheese.
Something that you can make at the last minute if need be.
125g ham, chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 1/2 cups (180g) grated tasty cheese
1/3 cup (50g) gluten free self-raising flour
Salt & freshly ground pepper, to season
1 1/2 cups (375ml) milk
1) Preheat oven to 200C.
2) Grease a 5 cup capacity pie dish
3) Combine ham, onion, cheese, flour, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
4) Scatter over base of dish.
5) Whisk eggs and milk together in a large jug and pour over ham mixture.
6) Cook for about 40 minutes or until puffed and golden. Cool slightly. Serve warm or cold.
You can’t go wrong with this recipe. You throw all the ingredients together, mix and bake. How hard can that be? Even better is the fact that you can change the filling and add other ingredients. Adjust to your taste. Use your leftovers. Make it vegetarian.
Light and tasty!
“The differences between a tart, a pie and a quiche are a blur.” ~ Yotam Ottolenghi