This recipe came to my attention via Facebook on the 4 Ingredients page. The recipe is from the latest 4 ingredients book, ‘Chocolate, Cakes & Cute Things’.
13 ounces/370 grams pitted dates
1 cup self raising flour (gluten free if needed)
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
2 teaspoons instant coffee or one cup of black coffee
1) In a small bowl, stir together the coffee and 1 cup of boiling water.
2) Add the dates to the bowl and let soak for at least 2 hours.
3) Preheat the oven to 350F/180C.
4) Line 12 cups of a muffin tin with paper liners.
5) Stir the flour and walnuts into the date mixture. I used gluten free flour. And I chopped the coffee-soaked dates into smaller pieces.
6) Divide the batter amongst the muffin cups.
7) Bake until a wooden skewer inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
As with most 4 Ingredient recipes these muffins were easy to make. Healthy. Tasty. Perfect for breakfast, morning or afternoon tea. Ideal for lunch boxes.
“Muffins should always be eaten quite calmly, as it is the only way to eat them!” ~ Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest