This recipe is from One Green Planet. Drool_worthy!
This recipe does not contain any processed flours, refined sugars, eggs, dairy or gluten. It’s completely raw with no baking involved. The added bonus? The peanut butter and chocolate combination which is the best food combination. Ever.
1 cup oats (or buckwheat if you want gluten free) *
1 cup dates
* I used gluten free porridge
2 or more bananas
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
2 cups cashews
1 1/2 cups dates
1/4 cup liquid sweetener, like maple syrup, if desired
Beans from one vanilla pod (or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
Water, as needed
1/4 cup cacao or carob powder
3 tablespoons raw chocolate
3 tablespoons raw peanut butter (or you can use regular – it’s up to you)
1) Process the oats (or buckwheat) and dates until they stick together.
* Tip – soak the pitted dates in warm water for 10 minutes then drain before adding to the food processor.
2) Press into the bottom of a spring form pan and put in the fridge.
3) Blend all ingredients – except the cacao/carob – until very smooth.
4) Add as little water as possible to keep your cheesecake creamy.
5) If you don’t want to add any water, use some liquid sweetener or another banana.
6) Now take out half the batter and put in a bowl.
7) Add the cacao/carob in the remaining batter that is still in your blender and blend until it’s incorporated.
8) Now spread the vanilla layer and the chocolate layers on your crust, alternating a few times.
9) Set in the freezer overnight and then drizzle with peanut butter and chocolate the next day. Enjoy!
Absolutely fabulous! Decadent even. The crunchy crust adds texture. The filling is not overly sweet. There are great flavours coming from the bananas and coconut oil. As I sampled a slice I was reminded of my all time favourite dessert – banana caramel pie. And I wasn’t the only one that was thinking that! This could be the closest thing to being a raw version of that pie.
My youngest brother said “Delightful!” and the other brother said “This is your personal best!” – always good to hear comments like that.
If you decide to make this, it will be a crowd pleaser. It looks amazing especially with the drizzled peanut butter and raw chocolate on top.
“Because you don’t live near a bakery doesn’t mean you have to go without cheesecake.” ~ Hedy Lamarr