If you love chocolate then you’ll love this recipe. This is courtesy of Gourmande in the kitchen. No baking. No mess. Simple.
¾ cup coconut oil
½ cup coconut butter coconut butter
1/2 cup cacao powder for raw / natural un-dutched cocoa powder if not, sifted
½ cup maple syrup
Pinch of fine sea salt or Himalayan salt
1/3 cup freeze dried raspberries or other freeze dried berries
¼ cup soaked and dehydrated raw almonds for raw or roasted almonds if not, coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons cacao nibs
Extra cacao powder for raw or natural un-dutched cocoa powder if not for dusting tops
Note: I couldn’t source any coconut butter so I used creamed coconut which I bought from my local Healthy Life store.
1) Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, set aside.
2) Set the coconut oil and coconut butter in a medium bowl placed into a larger one filled a quarter of the way up with hot water. Stir until both are fully liquid and melted.
3) Whisk in the sifted cacao powder until smooth and well incorporated.
4) Whisk in the maple syrup and a pinch of salt until fully combined.
5) Mix in the freeze dried raspberries, chopped almonds and cacao nibs.
6) Pour into parchment-lined loaf pan. Let set up in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
7) Cut into desired sized pieces and dust with additional cacao powder before serving.
I’ve made these a couple of times now. They look and taste delicious. You cannot resist these healthy treats! You can substitute the almonds with other nuts and you can use other berries. Feel free to experiment with any combination you like. You can store these in the freezer.
“Exercise is a dirty word. Every time I hear it I wash my mouth out with chocolate.” ~ Charles M Schulz