These savoury muffins have now become my go to recipe whenever I need to make something savoury in a hurry. These muffins take no time at all. And you don’t need an electric mixer.
The recipe has been adapted from Grab Your Spork. I made these muffins gluten free and as mini muffins. Perfect bite sized treats!
The first time I made these muffins, for our Easter Sunday family get together, everyone loved them. They really are tasty and moist. You can’t go wrong with this no fuss recipe.
2½ cups gluten free self-raising flour
½ bunch spinach
150g feta cheese
½ cup semi-sundried tomatoes
¼ cup Kalamata sliced olives
2 tablespoons parmesan
1⅓ cup milk
50g melted butter
1) Preheat oven to 200c and brush a 12 muffin pan with canola oil. (Or you can use a silicon muffin tray. For these muffins I used a mini muffin silicon tray.)
2) Sift the flour into a large bowl.
3) Add shredded spinach, crumbled feta cheese, chopped sundried tomatoes, olives, parmesan and stir to combine.
4) Whisk together the melted butter, milk and egg until just combined and add to the dry ingredients. Mix together.
5) Spoon mixture into prepared pans.
6) Bake for 20 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack to cool.
Serve warm with some butter or avocado if you prefer. They are ideal for lunch boxes. And you can add whatever filling you like. You can also freeze them.
“They have been eating muffins. That looks like repentance.” ~ Oscar Wilde