A healthy no bake paleo dairy free and gluten free dessert for you to try! These amazing and delicious little treats are made with whole unprocessed ingredients.
These fudge squares are a healthier version of the Eat-more chocolate bars. FYI, the Eat-more is a chocolate bar made by Hershey. It made up of chewy dark toffee, peanuts and chocolate.
This simple and quick to make recipe is courtesy of Nutritionist In the Kitch.
1 cup pitted dates
1/2 cup almonds, unsalted
1/4 cup walnuts, unsalted
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 ripe bananas
4 tablespoons natural almond butter
1/4 cup more unsweetened cocoa powder
4 tablespoons unpasteurized honey (strict vegans can use agave)
1) Put dates in a bowl with warm water, allow dates to soak for 30 minutes, then drain.
2) Mix together dates, almonds, walnuts, and 1/4 cup cocoa powder in a food processor until well blended.
3) Spread mixture in a 9×5 baking pan (8×8 is okay – which is what I used) until evenly distributed, and press down gently with a spoon.
4) Mix together bananas, almond butter, honey, and the other 1/4 cup cocoa powder in the food processor until well blended.
5) Spread mixture over bottom layer until evenly distributed.
6) Place in freezer for 30 minutes.
7) Cut into 16 squares.
These squares will melt if left at room temperature for too long so keep them chilled. Re-freeze whatever you don’t eat, and enjoy at another time!
These treats are a mix of textures – chewy, crunchy and gooey. It hits the sweet spot that’s for sure.
“Chocolate is cheaper than therapy, and you don’t need an appointment.” ~ author unknown.