Peanut butter and chocolate is the best food combination. Ever. I’ve said that a million times before. So what happens when you add extra ingredients and flavours? More deliciousness! :)
This recipe is courtesy of Green Press.
These brownies are a mix of textures and flavours.
Chia seeds are loaded with antioxidants and are high in protein and omega 3 fatty acids. And they are one of the few trendy ‘superfoods’ that are actually worthy of that term.
I made these for a birthday party and the guests liked them. These sweets were different to what they’re used to. I usually measure the success of my desserts by running a taste test past my nephew 4 year old Jake. Kids can be so fussy these days. Guess what? Jake liked these brownies – they must be alright then ;)
3 cups date paste (blend 2 cups dates with 1 cup water)
3 cups mixed berries (fresh or frozen)
4 cups water
250g chia seeds
1) Blend all the ingredients together.
2) Place in a container and stir 250 grams of dry chia seeds through your mixture.
3) Allow to soak for three hours.
3 cups walnuts
1/2 cup raw cacao
1.5 cups dates (soaked in water)
Chia jam (see recipe above)
1) Line a brownie tray with baking paper.
2) Blitz walnuts in a food processor until finely ground.
3) Add cacao and process again.
4) Add the dates and process until all combined.
5) Press the mixture firmly into the line pan using a spatual to smooth the mixture. Put in the fridge for an hour to firm up.
6) Remove from fridge and spread peanut butter on top. Set in fridge for further 15-20 minutes.
7) Spread chia jam on top. Set in the fridge for about 20-25 minutes.
8) Slice and serve. Enjoy!
“It’s like peanut butter and chocolate. Each is great, but they’re better together.”