Happy 2016! May it be all that you hope it will be :) x
Bliss balls are basically a mixture of dried fruit and nuts which are blended together, rolled into a ball before putting them in the fridge to set. You can use anything to make bliss balls (any combination of of nuts/dried fruit/seeds will work.) The main ingredient is either dates or figs – they are the binding sticky ingredient.
These bliss balls are delicious and simple to make. You can whip these up in no time!
These bliss balls are raw, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, egg free and refined sugar free. And healthy :)
The recipe courtesy of Wholefood Simply.
2 cups walnuts
12 medjool dates, seeds removed
3 tablespoons cacao or cocoa
1/2 teaspoon concentrated natural vanilla extract
1/2 cup pistachios
1/2 cup macadamias
1/2 cup goji berries
1/2 cup cranberries
1) Place the walnuts, dates, cacao or cocoa and vanilla into your food processor and blend at high speed until the mixture resembles a sticky crumb.
2) Add the pistachios and macadamias and quickly pulse to roughly crush.
3) Add the goji berries and cranberries and gently mix to combine.
4) Use your hands to press and shape the mixture into balls.
5) Place in the fridge to set.
Eat and enjoy!
I have made these a few times. [ I made them for the family – they liked them. I made them for our family get together on Christmas night. I even made them for a group of firefighters at the opening of our local fire station :) ]
These bliss balls are perfect little guilt free treats. They are balls of protein and energy – i.e. superfood in a ball form!
“People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas.” ~ Author unknown