This is such an easy slice to make. And with natural ingredients you can’t go wrong.
The recipe is courtesy of Wholefood Simply.
They are delicious, decadent and addictive.
1 cup crushed peanuts
1 cup desiccated coconut
3 tablespoons cacao powder or cocoa
2 tablespoons honey / rice malt syrup
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1 pinch of salt
Peanut butter layer
8 tablespoons peanut butter
1 tablespoon honey / rice malt syrup
3 tablespoons maple syrup
4 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablespoons coconut cream
1/2 teaspoon concentrated natural vanilla extract
pinch of salt
1) Line a square 20cm tin with baking paper overhanging the sides for easy removal.
2) Place the ingredients for the chocolate layer into your processor and at high speed until the mixture is well combined and resembles a fine, sticky crumb.
3) Press the mixture firmly into your prepared tin and set aside.
4) Place the ingredients for the peanut butter layer into your processor and blend until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
5) Pour the mixture over your base, level the top and place the slice into the fridge or freezer to set and to store.
Slice. Serve. Eat and enjoy.
I have made these slices twice now – in a week! They were a hit with family and friends! This could be my go to recipe. Someone suggested to me that you could make bliss balls with the chocolate layer. What a good idea. I must try that.
Note: if you don’t like peanuts you can substitute the peanuts in the chocolate layer with any nuts of your choice. And then you can substitute the peanut butter with almond butter, cashew butter or some other nut-free butter.
“It’s like peanut butter and chocolate. Each is great, but they’re better together.” ~ Richard Whitehead